0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: CV & Super bass station

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 16-May-01  @  12:56 PM   -   CV & Super bass station

harold

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Apart from all you lucky nova and supernova owners, anyone here got a super bass station? and is anyone using it to contol non midi gear with CV? i need some info on what parameters it's possible to control with this aspect of the SBS and also what it sounds like... from what i understand from a bloke in analog korner on this site (and i'm fairly clueless about CV, only used midi up to now), the SBS can be used to adjust non note parameters in steps equal to the note frequencies... i'm wondering, what would this sound like if for example, you're controlling filter cut off...???
cheers...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 17-May-01  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: CV & Super bass station

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

it's very choopy. I riged it into the mod and grip input adn sent the modulation to the filteer. It also introduced a lot of hum in the signal. The bass station has to be set to the type of sytnh you are controling as well. The parameters are on the last page of the manual. I forget., but i think 5 was roland? I sold mine a few months ago. So it is not like a kenton or the likes in the respect that it can convert controler data to cv. Just gate and note frequency. It works great though. I sequenced my 101 with it for years. Use the edit key to scroll down until you get to the settings. Then push the button that has cv/gate on it. It should flash cv, then a number. use the + - to find the number that coresponds to the type of unit you use. Hook up the i/o on both synths and it should recieve and transmit on the channel you sellect for the cv/gate channel. Use the same channel as the rx channel to create layers and run the audio out from the vintage synth into the filter on the bass station. Otherwise slect a diferant channel from the rx channel to use the vintage synth independant from the bass station.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum