0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Let's give a big hand........

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 02-May-01  @  07:12 PM   -   Let's give a big hand........

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

.... to the crew at Novation.. despite the detractors & the setbacks, we the faithful knew you'd pull thru!!... In effect Novation have given you almost a new free synth in terms of what these additional features will yeild soundwise, and i'd just like to say Ladies & Gentlemen:

Let's raise our glasses to Novation, a GREAT British company striving to fullfill customer satisfaction in these troubled troubled times in which we have seen so many indie companies go to the wall... long may they prosper & keep providing us, the dance community, with great products!!! - CHEERS!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

scrotalsack

Link?: Link

who hoo!!! OS4 is great! Im happy cuz a feature i suggested a long time ago got put in the OS!!!
But seriously, im already digging the new filtertypes... double saw is pretty cool too, but I havent really messed with it yet.

cheers to novation!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  04:46 AM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

k

What feature was that scrotal ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

Brett B

nova has always had a little low level line noise. I have to say this os blows the previous one away. Not only did it increase the polyphony to 16, but the sound.................it sounds so much better. I didn't know that was in the deal. Sounds are sharper and crisper. The distorion takes your head off. I dialed up some distorion and then caused the filter to generate a sine wav. Total nusckool breaks and DnB. The levels are diferant too. they changed the amp module somewhat. It has way more presence. Double saw is nice, but don't judge just on the one program they supply. i created a program with a double saw and a detuned saw , oan delay on 1/2 measure and a little distorion. I am so impressed! Anyway, the new filters are very usable and are much better than i was expecting. nice combination filters. And to top it off the existing lowpass filter types sound smoother, much smoother actually. especialy noticable in the lower end. for changing the sounds already in it.It does, but Do it. They all sound much better. Not quite so metalic . And the arp and delays now seem to lock up better to midi clock and quantize in realtime playing flawlessly. Knob pick up works as was promised as well. All in all the Os as promised. I hate to admit it, but they came through in this one. She's a keeper.

Message 14/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

Brett B

just wanted to correct my post. The distorion is the same, it just sounds so much more agresive with double saw going through it. As for the filters sounding smoother, i thought so, but now i am not sure. I think when i changed the program to have double saw instead of saw osc's it just thickernd it up and made it sound so much more full on the low end. Definatly don't worry about installing it. Original sounds are all intact 100%, and no bugs as of yet. I have been on it for a few hours and every operation has gone well.

Message 15/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

Neil

Link?:  No link

I don't think many of the (us) detractors were moaning about Novation as a company or their products but merely their handling of the announced release dates, which was poor.

The new O/S is pretty shit hot. You are getting so much more synth for your money.

Can you use the SN2 sounds on it?

Message 16/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

a

Didn't get much sleep last night playing with OS 4.0 - love the double saw, resonant filters and the knob pickup mode for multitimbral jamming .... loads more to explore yet, but around 3am my neighbours starting banging on the walls so I left it there :-(

roller8 - there's a new constant mode in the envelopes section (trigger menu I think) which holds env1 open at middle C which sounds like it will address your desire to be able to munge the audio inputs without sending midi data.

Nice one Novation!

A :-)

Message 17/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

Sayer

Hey even Brett B is mostly happy! Now that says something!! :-)

I'm getting ready to load the new OS now..... Too bad I only have a few hours before I have to leave town for a few days.

Sayer

Message 18/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

sitar

Thanks Novation!!! I haven't loaded the new OS yet but it sounds sweet from everyone's comments. I love my blue monster anyways but can't wait to dig in with OS4. Wish Phil was still around to soak in the moment.

Long live Novation and every member of the Novation team!

Message 19/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

roller8

OK, I installed it and I agree it sounds better all around! Already a banging synth the easy interface has always made it my preference over similar units (virus). I'm still extremely happy with this purchase.

a@minus-273.com, thanks for pointing out that feature in the envelope section. I'm going to check that out this evening and I'll confirm what it does.

Message 20/23                 Date: 03-May-01  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Let's give a big hand........

sitar

I'm up and running. Nice work :b.... How come I have the feeling a lot of dance music is gonna have a heavy emphasis on distortiony double sawtooth sounds.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum