0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Brian Eno fans...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 18-Jul-04  @  09:21 PM   -   Brian Eno fans...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Leama and Moor (the production duo of the moment) have done a remix of 'An Ending' (from 28 Days Later) and it is one of the most beautiful dance tracks that I have ever heard... definitely a tune for the summer. Try and get it if you can and are a fan.

Now, on to the point, this got me thinking that there must be loads of good dance remixes of his stuff. Do you guys now of any as I'd love to hear more of them?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

sitar

Link?: Link

I love his stuff but never thought of it as dance music. Sounds great though.

And because it's ME, I have to say it...playing Eno's music brings the pixies out of hiding. You only have to stand there in waiting with a sledgehammer and all your pixie troubles are over...something I stumbled over quite accidentally. Can't wait to squash them while they're dancing.

Message 3/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

sitar

I love his stuff but never thought of it as dance music. Sounds great though.

And because it's ME, I have to say it...playing Eno's music brings the pixies out of hiding. You only have to stand there in waiting with a sledgehammer and all your pixie troubles are over...something I stumbled over quite accidentally. Can't wait to squash them while they're dancing.

Message 4/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

sitar

And of course that was worth mentioning twice

Message 5/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Bloody hell Sitar... hehehe. You do make me worry. :P

Message 6/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

cheddar

I know a tune - dont know the name (not even sure if it's Eno) but the hook lyric goes "sun rising..., its shining" - and it has this wibbly female soprano bit - thats a fucking awsome dancetrack

thank you very much

Message 7/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

beds

Link?:  Link

this is the sun rising, it's shining.

that's the beloved from 1989. the wibbly female vocal is a sample, which is used in orbital's belfast as well, pop-pickers.

and yeah it's chuffing great. nothing to do with eno though.

Message 8/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

cheddar

2 points Beds, but for an extra point can you name the chant sample from Enigma's "Principles of Lust", I'll need performer and title

Message 9/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

sitar

swastika girls by Fripp and Eno, one of 2 great tracks on a fantastic album. Forgot the name of the other track. I think that was their first album together, the second being Evening Star.

Message 10/21                 Date: 19-Jul-04  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: Brian Eno fans...

xoxos

i always figured eno for a jerkoff who is better at selling music than making it. a few nice tracks here and there, but fuck him. eg. for negativland.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum