0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: How did they not smack the bastard?

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  10:14 AM   -   How did they not smack the bastard?

0dB

Link?:  No link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

0dB

[image file]

How was this not a goal ?

Message 3/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

0dB

[image file]

And this.......

Message 4/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

cheddar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

donnkkey

Message 5/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

joe sparks

the beckham brand is over.

Message 6/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

k

well the Portugese goalie was being pinned to the ground with an arm round his neck & shoulder - I reckon that was what it was. - what suprised me was that none of the 'pro' pundits even noticed this - ok right or wrong is another matter - but certainly the goalie was definatley being blatently obstructed.

as for beckham... i dunno why he even went on

Message 7/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

Jock

Ah well, only 2 years till Germany 2006.

Message 8/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

beds

Link?:  Link

you'll have to get past us first.

Message 9/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

SignalRunners - BLU

Link?: Link

too much of a grey area that ^^^^

on one hand, if your portugese you are agreeing that the player was in th way of the goalkeeper and obstructing him-

if your english you would say, what right does the keeper have to beable to challenge the ball? WHY should terry (was it terry?) have to get out the way of the keeper while sol jumps up to head in?

Any other part of the pitch and this wouldnt be obstruction- they player who wants to challenge the ball wouldnt have an instant right to beable to reach it, he would have to go round the player inbetween and tackle.

Keepers get it far too easy, always have tho.

I have to say though, being neither english or portugese i can see both sides of argument- if the portugese had scored in injury time to win a game with a goal like that england would complain im sure youll all agree.

If you guys want to blame someone- then its time FIFA took responsibility and gave the refs a constant to work from, like they did with the offside level is on rule, the proffesional foul, and the tackle from behind.

Makes it fairer on everyone having the same law apply each time instead of referees disgression, which ultimatrely is what happened last night

Have to say also, my heart went out to Michael Owen in the interview- looked absolutely devastated BUT didnt moan and complain (unlike Italians)

Blu

Message 10/12                 Date: 25-Jun-04  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

dub-munkey

unfortunatly fifa arent consistent with the offside rule..its a bloody farce!

greg

Message 11/12                 Date: 26-Jun-04  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

0dB

Well.... have to agree with you BLU, personally I think the goalie jumped up under the arm but there you go..... of a refs decision is final etc. bastard. etc.

I don't think Beckhams penalty lost us the game but if he'd have scored we'd have won.

Anyway, here we go with 2006. just hope it doesn't come to penalties.

Message 12/12                 Date: 26-Jun-04  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: How did they not smack the bastard?

beds

Link?:  Link

yer all a bunch of moaning kunts. i think the generall consensus is pretty spot on. engerland not good enough, neither were the rest of the bastards who went out.

personally, i hope the checkzzz don't make it coz i came across some bad attitude from them when i was over.

mind you, i'm a twat.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum