0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Scratching problem

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 17-Nov-04  @  05:45 AM   -   Scratching problem

Humble Granny

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've got a pair of technics 1210's and I just got new needles but because my scratch records are a bit old and light they are jumping a lot and almost unuseable, has anyone got any tips to sort this out without me having to get new scratch records?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/14                 Date: 18-Nov-04  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Scratching problem

k

Link?:  Link

lol @ dom

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/14                 Date: 19-Nov-04  @  02:07 AM     Edit: 19-Nov-04  |  02:35 AM   -   RE: Scratching problem

Humble Granny

Dom, how wrong could you be. Your comments suggest the only thing you could scratch is you arse, there is so much more you can do with a pair of decks then just mixing 2 records together, people like you give a bad name to DJ's by not trying new things

Message 13/14                 Date: 19-Nov-04  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: Scratching problem

Dominic

NO, you don't know what you're talking about matey

I own mix albums by DJ plus one, mix master mike, the whole scratch perverts crew and what they do well is build sets and "cut" records. Infact, on the Annie Mac show on Radio One last week, the scratch perverts put together that weeks 5 minute master mix. It was amazing, they played through about 30 records ranging from reggae right through to liquid drum & bass and tony vegas cut in 50 different film samples. It was just brilliantly put together. But there was no scratching in it whatsoever becasue scratching is just passe'.

So Humble please don't tell me I don't know shit because I do have an open mind but scratching records doesn't serve any purpose other than for the DJ to show off. Scratching is pointless - it doesn't add groove or soul - its just pointless noise. OK, I might let you get away with one vocal scratch on the word, f-f-f-fresh but thats it mate.

Only my opinion though.

Message 14/14                 Date: 19-Nov-04  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: Scratching problem

Humble Granny

I understand what your talking about but for me scratching is part of the whole package, I also think its very dull just to put on a record and scratch over it but when you put it together with cutting, beat mixing etc then it fits nicely.

The good thing is that DJ's like M M Mike are trying different things because the scene as a whole has to keep fresh or risk dying on its arse.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum