0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Genius

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 13-Feb-04  @  03:18 PM   -   Do it the genius way.

'H' from steps.

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Having trouble with inspiration? Bass line; what to do, what to do!?

Your not the first.

Casper Project, one day whilst absolutely flummexed regarding the placement of a synth stab, transfered the problem sample on to a floppy which he then fastened into the harness of his trusted dove. He then released his dove which flew up to the summit of the nearest hill. Its a practice Casper has since adopted for most of his music prodution problems, he will walk bear-footed up to the top of the hill and apprehend the sample, this time with a solution. And Casper isn't the first DTer to use unique methods to help solve musicianship issues.
Of course we've all heard the legendary tale; the time Influx couldn't decide on which effect he should use, its since become known as 'The great Flange dilemma'. Unsure whether or not to use a wah wah effect, he went missing and the police were called. Two days later amongst an eager crowd of spectators, fans and mere well-wishers, Influx was found stood in the town square staring above at the sky. Unknown to family and police, news had quickly spread through town that Influx, after leaving his home for a walk to try and solve his effect puzzle, had simply decided to stop in the town square and stay there untill he decided what to do. The relieved cheif policeman at the scene simply gave Influx a knowing smile and reported back to his family "safe and well"! He stayed stood at the spot in deep thought for three more days, before, at 3pm on Friday, offered a prayer to the Sun and returned home to use the Fange effect.
Snare hit or hand clap?? Yes, we've all had to through that little dilemma haven't we? Well laugh if you like, but spare a thought for xoxos. In his smoking jacket, xoxos would pace back and forth in front of the fire place for hours on end, scratching his head, muttering to himself and cursing all who entered the room. He'd continue untill the matter was resolved and then announce to his family his intentions. Although it has to be said his wife wasn't best pleased! You see, during his mind-fight he had paced back and forth so much that he had quite literally worn out a hole in the carpet. But, true to xoxos genius form, he quite brilliantly quipped "accuse me you might, but tell me wife, what is a carpet?" before waving his embarrassed wife off to tend to the kitchen and settling down to eat a butty.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/20                 Date: 16-Feb-04  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: Genius

sitar

Link?: Link

Casperproject was a cool guy. He once said he wanted to do some collaberation with me and I can't imagine why. He did some nice tracks. I wish him luck whatever he's doing.

Maybe he's doing downunderground

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/20                 Date: 16-Feb-04  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: Genius

queasy00

Link?:  Link

yea he was a pretty nice guy.. he sold me his rm1x for pretty cheap (at the time... of course the following year ther rm1x totally dropped in price, but whatever).

he worked part-time at the university i go to too!

-j

Message 13/20                 Date: 17-Feb-04  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Genius

'H' from Steps

Yes Casper and his band "The Projects". I knew them well.

Last I heard he had began to shed skin, leaving only the skin, which was crusty and hardened with an unsightly yellow blotchy appearance. This infected skin soon began to smell of what was described as decaying bird. Now a prisoner, an undesirable outcast stuck in his room, he fell into a deep depression, madness set in and he cello taped his discarded teeth to a cat whilst taunting it with dogs. (There were no dogs!)

Apparently, congealed fatty deposits began to drip. His fingernails grew rapidly, curling back towards his scalp and imbedding themselves into his head. Attempts to disguise this were set back when his hair turned black and jumped off. After his nostrils turned to dust and blew away, his tongue split in two and began drilling its way through the roof of his mouth, finally resting in the cavity of the nose, each split-end protruding out of the nostrils and growing tuffs of wire-like hair. His eyes retracted back into their sockets. He swallowed them soon after.

But from what i've been told, worse was to come. His spine suddenly ripped out of his back, forcing his ribcage back, which in turn had an egg slicer effect on his vital organs. He fell hard to the floor when his legs merged into his arms and soon his spine became so warped that it was now bent up over his head and back down his front past his crotch, towards his anus. He cried when his rectum became the end of his spines journey. During the next few days his heart, lungs and other organs liquefied and were soon pouring out of his eye sockets, covering his body all over, before returning to a solid form. And because his lips were stuck to his nipples and scabbed over, he was now a smooth sphere. A ball spinning constantly at 83 rpm spitting out red-hot puss.

Maybe thats why he hasn't posted for a while? At least he's still got his health though.

Message 14/20                 Date: 17-Feb-04  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Genius

dubmunkey

sounds like a passage from a stephen king book....

greg

Message 15/20                 Date: 17-Feb-04  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: Genius

xoxos

real stories, and with us in them, in which we do things! oh joy ! :O this is the best television of all!

Message 16/20                 Date: 17-Feb-04  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Genius

queasy00

Link?:  Link

man... if that's what writing electronic music does to you...... well.... i guess it's still worth it.

sigh.

-j

Message 17/20                 Date: 18-Feb-04  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Genius

xoxos

don't wrry, i got a couple of other factors working in my favour here...

Message 18/20                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: Genius

'H' from Steps

What, like tickets to see Timothy Dalton and Seb Coe live at Wembley Arena or summat?

Message 19/20                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Genius

xoxos

you too eh :p

Message 20/20                 Date: 22-Feb-04  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Genius

Thats just too funny

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum