0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: The Iraq War- History Lesson

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 03-Nov-04  @  09:02 PM   -   The Iraq War- History Lesson

S1GNALRUNNERS - Andrew

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Flame me but alot of people who post in the lounge section don't know why republicans support the iraq war.

September 11th- Radical Muslims attack the united states and they finally get a taste of what terrorism is. We know who did it: a radical muslim who believes it is willed by his god to eliminate american culture. This is NOT relating to ANY events. Radical muslims despise the entire way that they view american culture, even though most haven't even been to america.

sidetrack: Did you know what the terrorists watched before they attacked the US? Baywatch. They don't hate us because of our politics, they hate our culture and they view our culture through television. Baywatch "hyped" them up for their attack against the united states.

Many people died and it was pretty much a kick in the balls for the US. We FINALLY come to our senses and realize how much of a threat radical Muslims pose against the future of the US and other countries.

Where do the majority of radical muslims live? The middle east.

Now why attack Iraq? Well it's simple yet complicated. Iraq has an absolutely insane amount of oil as you all know. Something you might not have known- what other natural resource is incredibly abundant under their soil? Water.

What can you do with both oil and water? Natural gas = fertilizer. Fertilizer + water ======= you do the math.

With the ability to have incredible economic benifits, Iraq has the ability to become the greatest nation in the middle east. Iraqis also are one of the most well educated people in the middle east- and they are also not lazy.

Now we've got means for a great economy, people who will make that economy happen- but we've got a problem. Dictator from hell. So the United states sees a chance to remove the dictator, take out as many terrorists who would make it even harder to spread democracy to iraq. Once Iraq becomes a democratic society and has the economic resources to become wealthy and has people who will work for it, whats next?

Ripple effect. Iraq becomes a great nation, the ripple spreads through the middle east. Once things get straightened out there, people will start to realize, hey democracy aint so bad! And once surrounding countries see how well iraq is doing, it spreads to them as well.

The entire Iraq war can be summed up in those two words ripple effect.

There is ABSOLUTELY no FUCKING way to negotiate with terrorists. How the hell are you supposed to tell someone "hey, your god is wrong, so please dont kill us, aight?"

Sure we could have captured Bin Laden, thrown him in jail- then what? We'd have nothing but more radical muslims spawning from his wake. Through this ripple effect that will be sent through the middle east, it changes radical ideals in bulk.

Of course, this is a HUGE generalization. This isn't going to happen over night. This is something that is going to evolve over time, and take time to set in.

Still I know that this will not be enough for you guys, and i know this isnt going to change any of your opinions--- im not trying to- but it sounds like the right idea to over half of the country. I know I'll probably get torn to shreds for posting this, but this isn't a dig on anyone, just a republican point of view on the war in Iraq, and after all, republicans did start the war.

Now I'm getting a bit faklempt! Discuss amongst yourselves...here's a topic....why republicans support the iraq war!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

mcc>

Link?: Link

give em some time to go ask dad.

we can only memorize so much bs in one day ya know???
look at cheney...now there's a lifetime of practice in that buzzard.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

mcc>>>

you know sitar....dems be fightin words bruva.
i like that in you sometimes.

but you can't be picking one with some kid who's never held a real job yet and has had everything handed to him....and has inherited a certain foul callousness when it comes to his worldview.

if it makes you feel better.....i'm back in imperial beach again doing this job and old SEAL TEAM ONE republican-italian lou....comes up behind me while i'm working
this morning and asks me what i'm doing?...and i say HEIL HITLER>

i'm sealing these tiles with this 'natural look' sealer.
look...doesn't it look nice?

Message 13/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

S1GNALRUNNERS - Andrew

I am absolutely finished talking politics with you all, but i'd be glad to give you help when it comes to the music tech section

Message 14/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

mcc>

that's how bush's best buddy james a baker lll would say it is done.
just do the deed.....but quietly.

considering your roots.....you should know that one by now.

Message 15/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

Influx

damn, sitar. not used to seeing you angry

andrew, Im sorry man, but...youre just too smug and unaware. youll make a great pupp...errrr...politician someday.

just like all the "republicans" Ive listened to...its like its this beautiful benign effort, and the chaos and destruction are justified.

and yes...so we can guarantee our safety, eh?

damn. I get sadder and sadder and sadder. Ive considered doing some pretty rash things today...cant say that Im still not considering them

Message 16/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  04:36 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

psylichon

Get a grip folks.

really.

Message 17/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

mcc>

hey....i was almost smiling when i said HEIL HITLER> this morning.

Message 18/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

Influx

Ive got a grip, psylichon. I dont get what you mean though...are you not affected by this at all?

I doubt that

Message 19/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

CydoniaCell

Some guy at work today said, "Life will go on, it's not the end of the world"

Not for me maybe, I have a fairly secure job, and I'm a straight white male in Amerrica

But for some unsuspecting Arabs it won't! Or for the unfortunate kids waiting for a carbomb to blow 'em right out of their flack vests it won't.

Or for my dear friend who works for AOL and is being layed off ten days before christmas!!! Life might go on, he ain't gonna die... but SURVIVAL isn't what we vote for in ... oh wait... yes it is, isn't it?

"get a grip"... like there's over reaction here?

I don't see the 48% makin' a fuss. I don't see people in the streets pissed off because now 48% of america is completelky disenfranchised and unrepresented in our representative government.

And even then I wouldn't call it over reaction.

e

Message 20/38                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  08:05 AM     Edit: 04-Nov-04  |  08:06 AM   -   RE: The Iraq War- History Lesson

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

weeeeeeeeeeeeeew I'll be the poor uk signalrunner then

angry angry angry!

Ma man Andrews taking it tight, shame on you people who directed full on personal insults - were taslking about a 'stupid little kid' here right? 1 guy who omfgidie has a different opinion than you? yeah i see that instantly makes him a pussy, asshole, cunt, fuck, etc... very mature, very much head and shoulders above a 'spoilt little brat'

Me and the young un dont speak about politics too much, and i can understand (*or try) how let down u must be feeling about your countrymen/surroundings even if im not expressing opinion, one thing tho that i never fully discovered an answer to-

Bearing in mind theres no time machines to go back and chgange things, this is happening NOW, no matter whos fault it is ( the ammount of people ive heard say 'kerry would never have put the country to war etc ' when in actual fact theres nothing can be done now) but, if Kerry had won, what would the iraq situation be a year from now? And what is your understanding of what he said he'd do? (serious questions)

Blu

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 38 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum