0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: more on moore

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 24-Jun-04  @  06:22 PM   -   more on moore

Editing room

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: more on moore

urbicide

Link?:  No link

remember when Bush announced the Shock and Awe campaign?

Amercian idol had a better tv rating than any cable news channel combined... I wonder if this movie, mass media, could actually change the course of the white house.

The movie was slick and very convincing... I left the movie feeling entertained. This could be a lemmings bible.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: more on moore

psylichon

Link?: Link

as far as i'm concerned, if it takes a big, dumb, hollywood movie to get the message across to the thick-skulled american populace, then so be it as long as it works.

Let the creator be fat and lazy, greedy, and utterly American himself just to make it really ironic and sweet.

Message 13/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: more on moore

k

well everyone is flawed to an extent - even Jesus was flawed.

I guess Moore is so popular because simply his output is one of the few popular/available counter-stances available for people to unite behind/draw to - I guess it shows simply the extent of the size of the 'dicontented camp' rather than some sort of 'pure as the driven snow' reality.

Message 14/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: more on moore

mcc>

i enjoyed it the second time even more than the first.
i encouraged 3 republicans to see it today and they said just might have to.

Message 15/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: more on moore

Garuna

Only scary thing is that people are starting to choose their news source, so they only hear what they want to hear. Or rather, they are spoon fed what they want to be the facts.

Message 16/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  10:55 AM     Edit: 29-Jun-04  |  12:30 PM   -   RE: more on moore

pict

So what recipe are you being spoon fed?

Message 17/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  12:10 PM     Edit: 29-Jun-04  |  12:20 PM   -   RE: more on moore

sitar

I saw it yesterday. The documentary pulled many elements from several different levels together into one cohesive 2 hour film. But those elements are nothing new. There were a couple of things I was not aware of that I'd have to look into to verify but most of what was shown is general knowledge. A mild example is that it was shown and mentioned that in his first 6 or 7 months Bush spent over 40% of his time on vacation. I didn't know the exact amount of time when that was taking place but people were aware, and it was being mentioned in the news at the time, that he was going from one vacation to another. So somebody actually did the math and 42% (I think it was 42%) seems about right. There were lots of chuckles thrown in which made it more palatable. Like minutes of Bush' face in the elementary school classroom after he was told the 2nd plane hit. I actually felt sorry for the guy at several points in the movie. He really is in over his head. There was that scene where he explains and then quotes the expression "Fool me once, shame on you". Then he stops and you see in his face he can't remember the 2nd part of it so he says something else. At once it's funny, sad, and scary that he's president. But we've seen him speak many times so it's nothing new.

Message 18/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: more on moore

skiingangzta

Vactation to michael more = not in the whitehouse. If he claims that when the president is not in the whitehouse he is not working, how could you trust that man to make judgements on politics in the first place?

To be honest, I'd love to see the movie. I want to see really what's convincing people and I want to see if it has an effect on me. But...from what I've heard, it seems like cheap shots like the one above.

I heard that he makes a big deal of when bush is reading to children (heheheheh thats an ironic scene, innit?) and gets inturupted by someone who says "mr. president, an airplane has crashed into the world trade center." and bush says "okay" and meets him in a few minutes, as soon as he is done reading to the children.

Excuse me? He has no idea that it was a terrorist attack. So given the information that a plane had crashed into the world trade center, he finished what he was doing first, then went to help. What, is h e supposed to throw the book at the kids and run of stage?

If the movie is basically a web of those ^^ cheap shots, then I'm not going to have a great time watching it.

I'd still like to see it tho

Message 19/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: more on moore

mcc>

have your father take you andrew.
this is america.
this is important stuff.
you get to see what the conventional media powers are saying....and the pretty angles from which they want you to see it.
i think you need to be exposed to a slightly different viewpoint...and this film will do that.
you can then decide what's what for yourself.
it's always important to know what the enemy is saying...
whether you enjoy it or not.
it's all about knowledge....what you know and what they want you to know.

Message 20/68                 Date: 29-Jun-04  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: more on moore

xoxos

"WMDs...a catastrophic lie and you're gonna point to some phony balonie websites that still defend the Bush administration. wTf? Are you part of a terrorist organization?"

i'd better not touch that one based on the vector of the last few posts.. lol

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 68 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum