0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: more words of wisdom

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 21-Oct-03  @  12:44 PM   -   more words of wisdom

§ï†ÅR

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.

42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Remember, half the people you know are below average.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Support bacteria. It is the only culture some people will ever have.

Monday is an awful way to spend a seventh of your life.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

Plan to be spontaneous, tomorrow.

Always try to be modest, and be proud of it!

If you think nobody cares, try missing a coupl! e of payments.

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

What happens if you get scared half to death .... Twice?

I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

A day without sunshine is like, night.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/85                 Date: 21-Oct-03  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

errata

I suppose the kids all missed it when Spot was a racist prick a few months back as well?

hmmm...

yeah, hates everyone, that's why he singles some out...

yawn... I've heard from friends that it's popular to hate paki's in England, of course that's a generalization, kind of like saying it's popular to hate arabs in America... well I don't, but it is indeed popular... Americans hate everything that's different than them...

Spot, well... I always figured he couldn't be arsed to give a shit about anything, but he sure does hate some things more than other, and that indicates something a bit more sinister than apathy.

Can't possible JUST be because the Yonni smells of curry, can it?

e

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/85                 Date: 21-Oct-03  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

jf

Link?:  No link

sitar, no need to apologize. i'm sure spot appreciates, brave murky tunnel explorer that he is.

Message 13/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

Jock

Link?:  No link

oh come on. Everyone is racist. Whether you like it or not. The indians hate the paki's, the paki's hate the indians, the africans hate the jamaicans, the white southerners hate the white northerners. The catholics hate the protestants, the protestants hate the catholics, the outer mongolians hate the irish, but then who doesnt ?

its human nature. its sad, but its human nature. deal with it. pretending to be politcally correct and ignoring the facts isnt going to help.

Personally I dont give a flying what colour you are, just as long as your not religous and buy me lots of drinks in the boozer.

Racism is this tabooo subject. But its all around us. Spot has an issue with the pakis for some reason. He isnt some simpleton who came to his conclusion without thought. He must have a reason for it.

Message 14/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

jf

Link?: Link

problem is those reasons are implemented through billions of years.

we used to hate the other specie, it crossed over to races down the line. it's now enforced for division. divide and conquer

don't perpetuate it

ps: that doesn't mean you need to have warm fuzzy feelings about everyone and try to fit everyone in your vicinity (that's assimilation which leads to extinction, no better) it only means you shouldn't generalize the behaviour of an individual or group, to all.

hippies smell

link provided for influx

(funny how typing extinction in google turns this site as #1)

Message 15/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

§ï†ÅR

You all know if you actually get to know people from any culture and they accept you as a friend there is nothing like it. 90% of people from anywhere have wonderful hearts. I can easily see why so many people hate americans but I've been involved with so many cultures and have found people love me and I love them. There are actually a lot of good americans just like anyone else.

Message 16/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

k

I want a T-shirt that says:

[cfif bush = president]

We're all doomed!!

[cfelse]

Yaaaaay !!

[/cfif]

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 17/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

k

actualy Sitar, one of the items in your post reminds me of that old Nasrudin story where he's asked by the Sultan to organise a 'wit' for the after-dinner entertainment..

Nasrudin arranges for TWO speakers to attend... After the bash the Sultan says:

"Those guys were crap & I was severely embarrassed in front of my guests!!!... I thought I asked you to get a prominant wit ?!!"

"I couldn't find one", said Nasrudin, "So I got two half-wits instead"

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  04:49 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

Influx

ha! JF that sight is dope!

sign me up!

Message 19/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  05:47 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

errata

Nice one Jock... "That's the way it is, so leave it alone!" funny... very, um... british! Oh wait that's a generalization

what I like about my current incarnation is I am able to recognize my faults and correct them where I see my behavior as counterproductive ... racism is ignorant, baseless and (I think) counterproductive. This doesn't make me hate racist's, but I cannot just sit by and witness their bullsh+t unchecked. I'm not judgeing anybody, but I am questioning the usefulness of some people's behavior and comments.

After all, it's natural for me (in my fuggin' DNA) to bash you silly for not agreeing with me, but I know better than to behave like an ape... it's natural to take what I want when I want it from those who cannot defend themselves against me, but I loathe what our two nations have perpetrated in the middle east (even though it might keep gasoline prices lower for a time)...

e

Message 20/85                 Date: 22-Oct-03  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: more words of wisdom

psylichon

I don't think this is a matter of "is spot really racist," it's a matter of "boy, spot really needs a few more tracks of humor," innit?

I appreciate shock value in comedy, but it's no longer shocking to be a racist, spot. I don't think you are one, personally, but I just wanted to let you know it's not funny so you can stop making an ass of yourself, aight?

Easily the most popular emoticon yet, am I right?? That little thumbs-up dude rox!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 85 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum