0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: NO nose job

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 16-Jun-04  @  02:08 PM     Edit: 16-Jun-04  |  02:10 PM   -   NO nose job

cheddar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

we are born sinful

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

mcc>

Link?:  No link

influx...you're still the funniest "social democrat" i've never met.

disgusting?

gee gosh.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

xoxos

Link?: Link

lemme set up the facts for you -

the u.s.a. = 100% artificial culture. brits.. eg. welsh, irish, scottish and the other guys they have a pre-industrial legacy in the culture.. in the u.s. you might have an anti-industrial meme, but it hasn't got a lot of heritage to it.

sure, this isn't exactly true.. i mean how much 'pre-industrial legacy' do you see in the typical british robot style cunts you see on the net. it's a sweeping generalisation that provides a convenient handle to these 'new' ideas that what you're doing is worth shitting on everythnig for. it's not absolutely true, but it's got a boatload of truth to it.

in other words, when someone says 'america,' they're not talking about the gobshites on the north american continent.. i reckon they're talking about the american in all of us.. whether u.s. or whatever it says on your birth certif., but absolutely undeniably concentrated right here in the u.s.

i can accept that. do we have to argue about it every time someone uses a term of convenience?

tit jobs are so fucked up looking.

Message 23/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

mcc>

i really don't mean to constantly stir these feelings of personal animosity
between us...
but
we have to understand that we have, in all of us, a desire to know things.
somehow....at some time...not all in the same way> but nevertheless we have this.
we come into this world believing that which is most easily understood to us.
mommy good. daddy good.
food good. fun games good.
tv good. flag good. president good. etc.
so what happens, quite often, eventually when people start to gain this sense that
santa claus and the easter bunny are probably concepts invented to keep us happy.....we start to question things.
it's not unusual for people to feel betrayed when they hear the world is not flat and
that power is actually just as corruptive as it can be empowering...
we might resort to some perhaps extreme opposite viewpoint and begin to distrust everything which came before us.
this is commonly why young people go in search of alternate political answers to the ones which previously served them.
michael moore is merely a proponent of a viewpoint which is on direct opposition
to the one offered by republicans and the bush administration, specifically.
noam chomsky's outlook and rhetoric predates this by a decades.
at this point the viewpoints take on a quality of being retaliatory.

to suggest it's disgusting that people might tend to accept such alternate outlooks as digusting fails to comprehend the basic fact that the televised corporate machine and it's interests are quite capable of losing the interest or trust which it requires to function forever into the future.
to fail to accept that kids might decide there is no santa and that they prefer ozzy osbourne....at some point...denies an ability to understand basic human nature.

any suggest that anyone on earth isn't without some contradiction is also to suggest that perfection lies within the one doing the judging.
we can easily assume that this isn't quite the case.
in truth always lies paradox.
and within that lies life.

Message 24/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

influx

clay, Im trying to make a habit of ignoring you, but I'll say this:

the level of contradiction displayed in Moore's actions vs his rhetoric is just too much. Of course there's contradiction in all of us. Would never deny that and I certainly dont think it is I who has a handle on things and can _show everyone the light_

you seem to think you can? and yet, a large percentage of what you say is either a)smug pseudo intellectual damnnearpsychotic ramblings or b)personal attacks on people like me, with your little chuckle chuckle har har "youre funny"

anyway...xoxos...youre damn right, man...

"in other words, when someone says 'america,' they're not talking about the gobshites on the north american continent.. i reckon they're talking about the american in all of us.. whether u.s. or whatever it says on your birth certif., but absolutely undeniably concentrated right here in the u.s.

i can accept that. do we have to argue about it every time someone uses a term of convenience?"

no. we dont have to argue every time. sorry bout that. I cant say I agree that anyone is "talking about the american in all of us" but...theres zero reason for me to pipe in as I certainly dont feel comfortable defending "standard" american culture

hell, even most fringe cultures are full of shit, so...not much to hold up as an example of our capability

Message 25/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

mcc>

quote: a large percentage of what you say is either a)smug pseudo intellectual damnnearpsychotic ramblings

influx....that's the nicest thing you've said to me all week.

however...in light of the fact that bush said today...that we were warranted in attacking iraq because saddam had any contact with al queda.....even though he'd declined their advances...
you'd almost think that such an argument would warrant us actually attacking ourselves> since our contacts with bin laden had been a little-more-than non-existent....especially his family's own personal contacts from what's being reported.

in light of the grievous nature of our subsequent attacks and of a most costly
and deceitful nature....
i'm tending to run with the contradictions and those that i feel most suit the advancement
of peace and a more equitable sense of planetary community.....
and not one which benefits just the a-hole "american in me".

you, on the other hand, seem eager to distance yourself from "the ugly american" stigma which haunt all of us who call america "home" and yet you are very quick to denounce those doing the most to reverse this agenda of greed and unilateral empowerment which we're so famous to pursue.
basically, what this means is that i will find myself occasionally chuckling at your attacks on one guy actually brave enough to do what he's doing now......to take on bush in perhaps the most visible arena known to man. that of film and mass entertainment.
his gun...which is art.....may actually carry more weight than anything bush has to offer...by day's end.
i still consider him to be an insanely courageous man......
just as i'm reminded of a guy who was actually worried about even barbecuing with me....because he was worried that i might be crazy.
we are just different that way>
and yet i always tried to leave that bridge open between us.
i'm sorry you can't understand that.

Message 26/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

influx

was never afraid of you, dude. never. disinterested perhaps, and my wariness proved accurate. youre mean spirited and like to attack people either sarcastically or directly. There's no channel open between us whatsoever.

that said, I see your point about Moore. I dont quite know why you still think Im a supporter of Bush.

I just dont see how someone like Moore gets so much attention when other people have been hacking away at the roots of corruption for far longer. Again, Zinn!

If moore's point were so important, the movie viewing should be FREE. but no, itll be $8-$10 just like all other movies, and so...indirectly...the spread of "necessary" information is limited to those who are financially capable of accessing it.

But..if one looks at it as a "by any means necessary" situation, well then..ok. but I dont see it as any sort of paradigm shift, not in the slightest

Message 27/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

mcc>

QUOTE> If moore's point were so important, the movie viewing should be FREE. but no, itll be $8-$10 just like all other movies, and so...indirectly...the spread of "necessary" information is limited to those who are financially capable of accessing it.

yes...in fact i recall you> saying you were giving away your last 12" release.
very commendable that.

as for any permanently welded shut avenues between you and i....i'm sorry to hear that. i'll chalk it up as a loss for the both of us.
just the same> you can't lose what you never had....so it all balances out i guess.

Message 28/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

influx

nice comparison, clay. my $5 record, that I paid $2 for so I could make what...$150 profit off the 50 that I fcking BOUGHT?!?!?

yeah dude. real accurate analogy comparing that to a multi-million dollar enterprise of a man who is supposed to be a "champion of the people"

riiiiiight!

Message 29/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  11:27 PM     Edit: 17-Jun-04  |  11:32 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

milan

Link?: Link

cant be bothered to reread everything, but that comment about 8-10$ for a film was just plain stoopid, influx dude.

and anyway... any person who can show americans how blind stupid they are DESERVES to be rich for f's sake!!!

oh btw... Chomsky is yet another guy the world doesnt need, but america does, and oh how.

what was that about traveling again? ;)

Message 30/53                 Date: 17-Jun-04  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: NO nose job

influx

explain to me why it was stupid?

If he cared so much about spreading the message there'd be ways of going about it.

how is wealth a reward for "exposing" stupidity?

seriously...milan...an ally...find a better way than saying "stupid"?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum