0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: search your name on google

Viewing all 34 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34                 Date: 19-Feb-04  @  11:46 PM     Edit: 19-Feb-04  |  11:46 PM   -   search your name on google

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

somebody suggested doing that so I did. several sites came up..

http://www.worldofstuff.com/matt/comps/comps9.htm

http://www.theimperialorgy.com/band.html

LOL at the 2nd one. I played sitar on a track or 2. I see my name, Mark Lutnes on the long list of names. There's no hyperlink there. I wish I could hyperlink my name to http://www.theimperialorgy.com/band.html LMAO!

What a life.

anyway you should try searching your name and see if anything comes up...or maybe not

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

steve

I got a senator, an elvis impersonator and a load of guff written in French which made even less sense after I'd ran it through babelfish.

Message 3/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

Influx

TONS of influx shit out there. Influx1, too...but thankfully most of thats about ME

changin my artist name tho...soon

Message 4/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Asside from the stuff that was actually about me, apparently there are a few mes who are business managers and directors and some scientist bloke called Ivan Stephen Roughley popped up a few times, but otherwise not that much on me. I allways thought I was quite unique :P

Steve.

Message 5/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

beds

i'm either me, or some material science type guy

Message 6/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

Maarten

I'm either a fucking flute-technician or a nobody  

Message 7/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

Jock

It just come up with "fat c*nt" for me.

Message 8/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

xoxos

my fave is some mysterious swedish chart that compares two individuals, 'rurik' and 'urban.' urban consumes much more energy and has a poorer quality of life than the rural dwelling rurik.

and the 'sons of rurik' deserve a mention. "i stand over you with my great axe, my hair blowing in the wind.."

Message 9/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

craig

The top matches are all me. The rest match my first and last name to different people in the same list of names.

Message 10/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

milan

there's a literary award named after me

Message 11/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

cydonia cell

when I search my real name I get a bunch of crap about the real me... I work for a non-profit and my work comes up on all the search engines... kinda boring

Oh there's some prominent guy with my name who works in the hospice movement and writes a lot about coming to terms with death...

but that's it...

e

Message 12/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

The long dissertation about americans who play indian music stated that I was able to develop the most stability in the music. They should get a load of me now in my role as Admin and CTF leader for Elite Zark Snipers LOL!

Quite a few Lutnes names came up and I'm probably related to them. One was on a list of people killed over the last 3 years on a highway out west. Guess I won't be meeting that relative. My sister came up all over the place.

Message 13/34                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

brad

File?:  [image]

[image file]

ha ha, funnny stuff.

I already knew this about mine- somebody made a site about "famous Eller's,"
Eller being my last name. Anyway a while back someone sent it to me thinking we
were all related when in fact that's not only untrue, but also I had no idea I was
even on it! It's just like some dude who googled my last name and bam! I'm a
famous Eller, ha!

My old old web design page is the first entry, complete with ripped-off pic:
http://www.eller.org/notable.htm\

Worse is when I google my screename, bradelectro, and it's like a bunch of lame
tech questions I've posted to win xp help forums and one about razor burn I
posted to this other forum, heh.

Message 14/34                 Date: 21-Feb-04  @  12:13 AM     Edit: 21-Feb-04  |  12:18 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

BluStudio

heehee- did this a while ago, apparently i was O.J simpsons lawyer or something like that

also, anyone else noticed that dancetech seems to get hit all the time onto the first pages of related google search returns before most of the bigger corporate sites (inc manufacturers) , must be cos its been around so long now innit

blu

Message 15/34                 Date: 21-Feb-04  @  04:10 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

I've noticed that too. Must be the key words K put in I think.

Message 16/34                 Date: 21-Feb-04  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

beds

Link?:  Link

no, it's coz dt rocks innit.

Message 17/34                 Date: 21-Feb-04  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

xoxos

mark? no post? with "schwarzeneggar fights gay marriages in california" for a morning headline?

almost as funny as the other one, "iraq will now require years of occupation.." lol! just like i told you all! yep, me, i said! you can't americanise a culture into slavery overnight! you need time - to get them hopped up on sugar and caffiene and sow internal dissent and all sorts of lovely invasionist psychotactics until they cry out with one voice for pizza

Message 18/34                 Date: 21-Feb-04  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

PB

as for my real name, according to google's first 5 search pages, I happen to be a doctor in the field of science, a Hong Kong film director of violent fighting films, A production asistant for the Monroe Street Journal, a musician called "Absorb Fish", a professor, a proud father of a UAlbany senior, and a guy having a lot of trouble setting up his entertainment system.

As for my artist name (besides the ones actually about me), i get a lot of stuff about Fishing & fishes in general - kinda annoying.

Message 19/34                 Date: 24-Feb-04  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

0dB

This is mine, very disturbing..... I'm afraid to comment really. Especially the picture on the Bio page of him strangling a dog.

I just hope that he isn't somehow a relation.

Mate of mine called John Woodbury did the same and found a guy with the same name who lived in the deep south US with his own web site. John e-mailed him for a laugh and exchanged a few e-mails. This guy was hilarious, he was well excited about have a namesake in the UK, he wrote:

"It's so cool 'cause my family originally hails from the UK, our ancestors come from Worstercershire"

WTF ?

Message 20/34                 Date: 25-Feb-04  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

0dB shame you just missed his last appearance in february. looks like you'll have to wait til July. The guy actually has quite a few gigs going and some pretty descent lyrics.

Message 21/34                 Date: 25-Feb-04  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

psylichon

I'm the editor of a successful photography magazine.

Message 22/34                 Date: 26-Feb-04  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

"I'm the editor of a successful photography magazine."

I always sensed there was a connection between you and 44D magazine.

Message 23/34                 Date: 26-Feb-04  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

dub-munkey

File?:  [image]

[image file]

and heres me:

greg

Message 24/34                 Date: 27-Feb-04  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

J Cameron

My name is James Cameron.... I don't have a beard or any oscars. Neither do I want them.

Message 25/34                 Date: 27-Feb-04  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

psylichon

I'd make that clear if I were you, too... cause his movies suck.

Message 26/34                 Date: 28-Feb-04  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

k

er.... ALIENS ??

Message 27/34                 Date: 29-Feb-04  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

beds

jaws, in space

Message 28/34                 Date: 01-Mar-04  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

greg.spicer

aliens is far better than jaws though......game over man, game over....

greg

Message 29/34                 Date: 02-Mar-04  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

IntoxicatingSounds

In the 1930s I was a film actor appearing in westerns such as "Across the Plains" and "Drifting Westward". I also found a link to a much more recent film called "Cornhole Cowboys". Expecting to see a wisened old chap in a stetson, I clicked. Imagine my shock when I was presented with a picture of my namesake ( a rather well-built young man ) bent double with some fellow's hand up his bottom.

Deano

Message 30/34                 Date: 02-Mar-04  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

milan

lol!

Message 31/34                 Date: 05-Mar-04  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

LOL!

Message 32/34                 Date: 20-Mar-04  @  07:44 AM     Edit: 20-Mar-04  |  07:46 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

Zazza

I'm a games designer credited on:
Gun Metal (2002), Rage Software Limited
Eurofighter Typhoon (2001), Rage Software Limited, Ubi Soft Entertainment
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising (2001), Interplay
Incoming: The Final Conflict (1998), CDV Software Entertainment
Darklight Conflict (1997), Electronic Arts
Kasumi Ninja (1994), Atari Corporation

An Australian Medical Lecturer:
Associate Professor BSc, MA, PhD

A US Actor! (Appearing in Judge Dredd amongst other films)

A Musical Director and Conductor of Opera in Boston.

Also a brass band Conductor!

A TV comedian in the UK.

A Landscape artist.

A programmer at Silicon Graphics..

Bleeding 'ell there's a lot of me..

Message 33/34                 Date: 21-Mar-04  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

psylichon

Good Lord!

Message 34/34                 Date: 22-Mar-04  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

k

I'm a schoolkid in Australia, an Aussie football player, an aborigine student in Australia, an Aussie chess student, a rugby team member in a british school, a canadian schoolkid, a british schoolkid in a local youth footie championships, and another kid in a british school.

and thats the whole list for Google - doh!!

Viewing all 34 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum