0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: sterilisation Eugenics

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 02-Sep-03  @  04:36 PM   -   sterilisation Eugenics

pict

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"To its critics, Project Prevention or Crack - an American organisation which pays drug addicts and alcoholics to be sterilised - is a terrifying throwback to the neutering of "defectives" during the 20th Century."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3189763.stm

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i just think kids deserve better.....and for those who's priorities CAN'T be their children....they're better off pursuing those OTHER things and not creating much in the way of offspring. of course, nature can't be stopped. so we are now the expert on smug, eh?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

influx

heh. I get called a reactionary, and what do I do?

react 

all worked out...

psys best point is...who decides? who gets that power?

aint no one fit for it, so...

Message 33/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

errata

Sure, in a perfect world... etc... I'd be down with the eugenics thing... it's the organized practice that rubs me the wrong way! Can't say i trust anyone who ASKS for that job!

And, Um... my point above was to say that just because YOU think it ain't right, doesn't mean it ain't right for everyone. Mental and physical abuse? Sure, we can all be civilized, but this whole discussion borders on the "less of "them" more of "me" thing... that's my problem with it!

I have some friends, they have 2 kids. They drive all over the country in a bus, playing at parties and bein' basicaly homeless. They earn what they can on their shows and on crafts and sh+t! They both smoke a lot of POT, and take mushrooms... shit I wouldn't be cool with around my kids, but that's me! Their kids seem as healthy and as bright as any others, and they're extremely loving and caring people! If I told my mother about these people she would want them arrested for child abuse... I'm quite sure A LOT of people would see these slacker, drug using hippies as prime candidates for a eugenics program!

I don't... it's all a matter of degrees and opinions... I just can't say i'm down with the IDEA even under ANY circumstances!

shrug

e

Message 34/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

influx

nope. the basic question is of motivation, control, and who gets that control.

and there aint a human in existence who could responsibly say whats what.

and..honestly errata...if your friends kids are healthy...whats the harm?

are they giving dope to their kids? because that would be stupid to alter a developing mind like that. just plain foolish. but to let them be around it, to understand it...seems...

but yea...I get your point..."who decides whats what"

but again...some things sure seem a lot more concrete than some of you will let on

Message 35/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

cheddar

Link?: Link

Right on Psy. You guys also miss the cumulative effects of life and circumstance and ignore the possibility of returning to "normal", like I

And as for the general down on drug addicts here - i think thats a little condescending, like its OK to do drugs cos your an artist,

Maybe artists are just looking for love, steppingup to the plate to do something to see the respect in the eyes of the audience -(that you never got from mum an dad etc). Most cant be and then their old and as Influx says old is soooo yesterday

Improve the race - hahahahahaha, its not a race.

Message 36/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

influx

who said anything about improving the race?

and the addict thing is just an example...altho Im a bit intolerant of addiction as it truly is a choice, no?

and...damn good point about the attention thing. maybe thats why I dig electronic music so much. faceless

Message 37/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

spot

oh for Fucks sake, get back to the Fucking studio and do something productive you whinging wankers

cant believe i just read all that mind numbing, dosile, blethering Shite

Message 38/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

psylichon

yet you did, homo

Message 39/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

spot

aye, i did....but after rooting your mah, its plain that i'm no homo.........sick, but no homo

Message 40/166                 Date: 03-Sep-03  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

pict

A lot of extremely serious life fucking up abuse of children is inflicted by parents who do their utmost to conceal it and have the outer shell of respectabilty and public acceptability to ward off suspicion.Anybody or any organization who seeks to gain control over another individuals reproductive processes is highly suspect in my book.

Influx I suspect though I could be wrong that Bedwyr was meaning punk attitude in the sense of the rebellious,anti system punk rocker and not punk in the sense of worthless bum or effeminate,prison sex object(worthwhile bum maybe) but as I said I could be wrong;)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

There are 166 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Diagnostic Information

ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The search key was not found in any record.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (621:1) to (621:51).

Date/Time: 06/26/24 16:50:15
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)
Remote Address: 13.58.200.78
Query String: chatter_id=35&end=40&start=31&step_messagecount=4&step_rowcount=30&threadid=34045&threads_end=1500&threads_start=1451