0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: The man in black says goodbye...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 13-Sep-03  @  02:06 AM   -   The man in black says goodbye...

Trillium

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Rest In peace Johnny..........

You'll be missed.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/84                 Date: 16-Sep-03  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

mcc>

Link?:  No link

you limey flock-o-munkeys....michaels didn't die.
just cause influx loved kiss at one time doesn't mean you can play with his mind like that!

that's sooo messed up!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

Influx

Link?: Link

whats the connection between kiss and g. michaels?

Idungeddit

Message 43/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

damballah

Link?:  Link

>> i have meddle but stopped buying shortly before animals. i saw that tour though....they did the entire song echoes.

the f*ck they did. they played all of "wish you were here" as one set with a circular video screen, played all of "animals" as a set with their inflatable shit, played "money" as an encore. kemper arena, kcmo, hitchhiked there and back. I think as heavily produced and scripted as their shows were, they'd do the same show night after night.

Message 44/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

mcc>

they played echoes...in it's entirety at the san diego sports arena. circular screen and all wave action video. wished you were there?

too bad, eh?

Message 45/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

mcc>

it's why they used to call it "live" dudeballah>

Message 46/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

jf

hey, little d,

wish you were here too, you crazy diamond !!

more mewzik, pleaze !

and that goes for rooreek and maaaaaaartten too!

and fluxie

*blush*

have cash, will trade for melted plastic pellets

ok, sail me there now  

Message 47/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

Trillium

I am about 10 years younger than you boys and I own all three of those floyd albums on vinyl, yet, I've never seen them live.

So...... I don't know what that tells you about longetivity, but I do know that quality music is quality music, and that fact will remain timeless.

Trills

Message 48/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

PlazIdyllic Pleazurkraft

Link?: Link

"groundbreakers who set a whole new movement rolling"

Answer, you need a serious history lesson.

Message 49/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

mcc>

d...just got off the phone with my brother and he thinks floyd played "echoes" during the dark side of the moon tour.

i do get these old rock-dinosaur tours mixed up.

i do know they ended one of those shows with it.
gotta check the cranial database. lessee here....hmmm.

Message 50/84                 Date: 17-Sep-03  @  05:11 AM   -   RE: The man in black says goodbye...

d

yup, DSOTM tour had all of DSOTM, Echoes and a bunch of stuff from Obscured by Clouds. yes, they were live but also heavily scripted. the music had to be to work with the "show".

hey, jf!

I was thinking, maybe people's tastes were broader on the whole when Johnny Cash was becaming a legend. You'd have pop radio stations playing Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline, Beach Boys, British Invasion, teen stuff like Tommy James & the Shondells, soul & R&B stuff like Aretha and Smokey and JB and Marvin Gaye and the Supremes etc, adult stuff like Burt Bacharach songs and Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass. nowadays you run into a lot of people who are very, umm, monogamous in their tastes... like only listening to industrial... or americana... or madagascan trip-hop, you get the idea. I don't know if anyone can become as legendary and beloved by so many as some of those mentioned in the current climate. it's just a different time, y'know.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 84 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum