0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: for old-school "run+jump" fans..

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 02-Mar-04  @  06:39 PM   -   for old-school

swanofnever

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey,
well, i haven't been around dancetech much lately, but my g/f and i _have_ managed to finish an old-school style puzzle/platform game (link above)..

it's entered into the annual flash-in-the-can awards... (http://awards.flashinthecan.com)..

raigan
p.s - just to provide a _bit_ of on-topic-ness, some of the sfx were made using a sidstation ;) (and all were heavily cool-edited).

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 06-Mar-04  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: for old-school

milan

hey cool! gotta give it a try one of these days  

Message 3/7                 Date: 06-Mar-04  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: for old-school

milan

lol... excellent! i suck at it, but some ideas are very cool, like the target cross which chases you etc... you coulda been rich like 20 years ago ;)

Message 4/7                 Date: 07-Mar-04  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: for old-school

PB

Link?:  No link

nice game. REALLY HARD THOUGH!

Message 5/7                 Date: 09-Mar-04  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: for old-school

swanofnever

hey,
thanks for the feedback.
if you think it's hard, wait till you get to episode 9 ;)

milan: yeah, well.. there are a LOT of cool indie-devellopers, and personally most of my favorite games are 2D freeware, such as soldat (http://www.soldat.pl), which focus on the simple/fun/addictive aspect of the old-school, as opposed to the hollywood-over-produced-movie type of commercial games..

anyway, please distribute the game to all your friends, and anyone else who you think would be into it..

raigan

Message 6/7                 Date: 15-Mar-04  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: for old-school

PB

i've played soldat - got addicted to that for a while.

Message 7/7                 Date: 15-Mar-04  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: for old-school

PB

You guys should get into developing those 2D scrolling platform types (eg. Mario/sonic/etc) - i miss those...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum