0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: useless website

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 25-Sep-04  @  02:56 AM     Edit: 25-Sep-04  |  02:57 AM   -   useless website

beds

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 61/75                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: useless website

pict

Link?:  No link

Well Clay I simply don't believe in any of that moon in descending Saturn,tides in a tea cup stuff,I tend to go for the old Dr Who line"nothing is unexplainable only unexplained"that does not mean that I am devoid of a sense of the numinous far from it. Also I would never write things on the internet to a person that I wouldn't actually in physical reality say to their face.I really doubt many people would say all that"You dumbfuck,child,ignoramus" to a stranger they met in a public situation but yet they do on the net.Now that's what I call pathetic.A point that is couched in simple,gracious terms stands much more chance of being made effectively than random,incoherent,deranged,abusive,babbling coarsely spewed from a bitter mouth .

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 62/75                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: useless website

CydoniaCell

Link?: Link

Oh, dear.. the idea that for someone to be right, someone else must be wrong.

old as dirt.

and the source of most aggression.

sad

e

Message 63/75                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: useless website

Zazza

Link?:  No link

I quite like the image of the whole of human knowledge and experience being represented by the surface of a small wooden table in the middle of an endless desert. And one humans knowledge and experience being represented by a grain of sugar in a bowl on that table.

Only when you acknowledge that imbalance between the known and unknown will you recognise the scale of your misperception.

Message 64/75                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: useless website

k

Link?:  Link

Ah so - mebbe that scale depends on what you call 'knowledge' - if you get all zen and say that 'knowledge' is the total absense of anything then there is no scale.

or pretzels

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 65/75                 Date: 30-Sep-04  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: useless website

SignalRunners - BLU

yer all fuggin hippies!!

Naw, you all have points to a varying degree, but as i read this back its like yer all shouting over the top of each other! Still, a fascinating product of an empty webpage

*applaudes

blu

Message 66/75                 Date: 30-Sep-04  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: useless website

mcc>

and such being the case......

just because one person doesn't like the taste smell or thought of sushi....
doesn't mean the combination-A plate ain't going for 21dollars down at kinokawa's.
or that we can't get very specific in making our desires known....if we're picky.

i mean...i don't particularly believe in eating beef on a regular basis but i know it's done and i know it works for huge numbers of people.
but a cow is something you can pen and slaughter and ingest...whereas the moon is only something you can look up at and ponder...and occasionally it's light or the tides as it causes them.
i've never seen a farmer's almanac which didn't include it as one of the most major significators of the natural process here on planet earth.

as for not calling anyone a dumbfuck here....
we aren't exactly strangers here are we?
that would be strange to think we could visit here on a regular basis and still be absolute strangers to each other.
i mean......wtf?

Message 67/75                 Date: 30-Sep-04  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: useless website

mcc>

if i could only be known for my ability to use the word> "here" .....
3 times in 2 sentences!!!!

all would be right in my world>>>

Message 68/75                 Date: 30-Sep-04  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: useless website

psylichon

ya know, you can edit. that's another way that DT is not like life...

Message 69/75                 Date: 30-Sep-04  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: useless website

mcc>

as if life ain't one big edit in many ways.

for instance one does not go about saying kill the prez> because he would get pounced upon and beaten and then thrown in jail and left to rot.
edit.

one does not cross the street when the light is red...even though, naturally, his legs and feet might keep moving him forward. the timing of these lights provide timing-edits to our steps so we don't get ourselves run into pieces.

skyscrapers...all neat in a row with levels just spaced so....windows in a row....all nicely edited like hi-hats....or 4-on-the=floor kicks. all perfectly edited.

wife says whatddaya wanna eat baby?
(edit)....whatever you say...say something nice.

boss says good morning jones....edit....well good morning to you boss.

we're in a constant state of editing ourselves daily.
oh YES!!!
a fine good morning to you too sir!!!
edit.

then there's working with pro-tools all day.
yes? no?

Message 70/75                 Date: 30-Sep-04  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: useless website

cheddar

"y'see, k, y'can't understand, cos you have a child, and once you have a child, you're investing a lot of 'faith' in the physical reality."

It is interesting. If a philosophy is true to anyone then all of them are true to everyone. Thats fine and all and life can be a waking awareness to the other philosopies as you experience time. But then you have a child and the "me, I as world" examples become dated. For the first time an abstract event has the power to alter your view and so become personal. Did I say moving on, perhaps moved on, although the coveyer belt brought me there the path was always there. I make no comment on validity, cos the argument means that all philosophies are always right - I have said that "nothing ever changes, just our understanding of them"

The edit function is funny though. You play or record. Either one or the other, discuss

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 75 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum